In my 40+ years as author, artist, sex worker and activist – now a doctor of human sexuality -I have led the life of a sexual libertine, chronicling the most outre corners of the NYC sex scene including the lovable outlaws and eccentrics who were its key players. As an adult movie star, I used my body as well as my words to develop my life as an ‘arthole’ liberating and empowering myself and others. In 1989, I founded the world’s first transgender and cross-dressing academy as a safe place for people to explore gender expression. The theories and realizations that I came to via all of my explorations, my tireless and often raunchy research have proven to be even more relevant today. That is why I have decided to share my archives as well as my current thoughts, and excerpts from my upcoming memoir.
You can subscribe to my newsletter for free and have access to all non-exclusive posts as well as receive news of my updates, but for full access, I invite you to join as a paid member.
For an introductory rate of only 6.99 dollars per month, as a paid member you will get access to all exclusive content, including:
- Each week a vintage article with photos republished from my magazine column, Veronica Vera’s New York, that charted the outrageous NYC sex scene of the 1980s
- Bi-weekly blog posts in which I will tell the stories behind some of my most infamous photos, including my portraits by Robert Mapplethorpe
- Behind the scenes stories of Miss Vera’s Crossdressing Academy – past, present and future.
- Current thoughts on sex, gender, art and love
- Excerpts my forthcoming memoir
Your paid subscription will support the writing of my memoir, which will provide not only the who, where, and when but also the whys behind my life as a ‘Sexual Evolutionary’
“We all have the right to be who we are as sexual human beings as long as we respect the rights of others”
– Veronica Vera’s Philosophy of Sexual Evolution